To our dearest volunteers,
Thank you for all the support you’ve given this charity over the last few years. We’ve been able to make a real impact on our community by feeding hundreds of families in need during each Hamilton Basket Brigade event. From the bottom of our hearts we are truly grateful for all your time and dedication!
We have exciting news for all of you! We are making updates to how volunteers can participate so that we make an even bigger impact spreading love in our community.
Our volunteer system is changing
Here’s what you need to know:
If you wish to particpate as a volunteer you can fill out the web form on this page. What you can expect by volunteering is listed below:
- • you and your team of volunteers (friends, family, co-workers, church, rock star band, etc.) will be assigned one family in need
- • you will be given details on the family in need and the family’s wish list.
- • your duties will include: shopping for the family, (some) gift wrapping, delivery of gifts to the family
- • some families will be coming on location for pick-up, some will require delivery
- • you have a budget of $100 per person, you decide how it is spent on the family based on their wish list
- • on Saturday April 20th, 2019, come to the gymnasium at St. Brigid Catholic Elementary School in Hamilton and bring all your receipts to turn them in to us and receive reimbursement
- • there will be a gift wrapping party at the gymnasium
- • food, refreshments and the Easter Bunny, so bring your kids and get ready to have your picture taken!
- • some of the families in need have been invited as well to pick up gifts, feel free to ask your wish list family to open a present or two… or four!